These ideas may be simple, but when bringing your home on the market with the goal of a highest net return possible to you, these small updates could mean the difference between hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
For your home's interior:
1) Fill in the cracks in your walls and ceiling, and paint walls a neutral color in order to maximize the appeal
to as many buyers as possible. Black walls may be what your teenager had to have at the time, but it
may not translate well to all prospective buyers.
2) Fix creaks and squeaks with WD-40.
3) Modernize your kitchen and bathroom cabinets with new drawer pulls and handles.
For your home's exterior:
4) Install window boxes with cheerful flowers or plants.
5) Paint your window frames.
6) Update your light fixtures.
7) Replace your house numbers.
These are just a few pointers, and since every property is different, please contact me via email or at (619) 209-9953, so we may come up with a specific strategy for your home - to make sure we sell it quickly, with the least amount of risk or hassle to you - and for the highest possible net return to you.
Look forward to discussing your real estate goals soon!
krista bell, REALTOR®
Thanks to Buffini for this information.