San Diego FSBO (For Sale By Owner) Sellers receive "significantly" less for their properties than Sellers with an agent, so make sure you choose an agent who will get you top dollar and maximize your profits.....and Contact Me TODAY!
AVM = Automation Valuation Model, which calculates property's market value.
krista bell, REALTOR
(Source: Collateral Analytics Study)
It's a secret whether the grass is really greener on the other side, but if most homeowners had their druthers, the graph above shows you what they would want.
And, if you're a homeowner looking for a change, or just ready to buy a property, be sure to contact me or (619) 209-9953!
Best wishes! Krista
1) Your home may be more valuable. National home values are expected to increase by 5% year-over-year from June 2013 to June 2014, increasing to levels last seen in August 2004!
2) The increased competition among buyers may mean that your home will sell for closer to or above its asking price. Quality inventory is considered very low in many areas on San Diego. Experts predict that higher mortgage interest rates may boost demand as more homeowners are driven to buy before the rates get higher – making competition for your home even greater.
3) Your family or life situation may have changed. Growing families may need more space than couples or families with grown children. If your home no longer fits your needs, it may be time to sell it and buy one that does.
If you have been thinking about selling your home and are ready to take the plunge, contact me today for a complementary market analysis of your property's worth, and I'll work for you to ensure you get the highest net with the least risk and hassle to you.
krista bell, REALTOR®
619 209 9953
Sources: New York Times, Wall Street Journal
Thanks to Buffini
4 Benefits of Selling in Winter
Real estate historically slows a bit at the end of the year, with family traditions, holidays and winter vacations. It's a great time to take advantage of the slow down - whether you are a buyer or seller. Here are a few reasons why wintertime can be very beneficial to sellers!
1) Less competition! There are usually fewer homes on the market at this time of year. Many people will wait to list their homes until the spring. Use this to your advantage; fewer homes for sale means that your home will stand out.
2) Buyers are more motivated to close. While there may be fewer buyers in the winter, the ones who are in the market want to close quickly. These are the folks who want to buy a home, and they want to buy it now.
3) Your home may show better. The cozy ambiance that defines winter can help potential buyers imagine living there.
4) You can take advantage of the holiday season. Decorating with festive wreaths and lighting can also make your home appear more inviting.
If you're ready to discuss your real estate plans, contact me today via email or (619) 209-9953 - so, we can make them reality - especially before the Spring Fever frenzy heats the market back up again!
krista bell, REALTOR®
These ideas may be simple, but when bringing your home on the market with the goal of a highest net return possible to you, these small updates could mean the difference between hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
For your home's interior:
1) Fill in the cracks in your walls and ceiling, and paint walls a neutral color in order to maximize the appeal
to as many buyers as possible. Black walls may be what your teenager had to have at the time, but it
may not translate well to all prospective buyers.
2) Fix creaks and squeaks with WD-40.
3) Modernize your kitchen and bathroom cabinets with new drawer pulls and handles.
For your home's exterior:
4) Install window boxes with cheerful flowers or plants.
5) Paint your window frames.
6) Update your light fixtures.
7) Replace your house numbers.
These are just a few pointers, and since every property is different, please contact me via email or at (619) 209-9953, so we may come up with a specific strategy for your home - to make sure we sell it quickly, with the least amount of risk or hassle to you - and for the highest possible net return to you.
Look forward to discussing your real estate goals soon!
krista bell, REALTOR®
Thanks to Buffini for this information.